Jack and Soorya Resels
Relationship Coaches and Mentors
Vancouver, BC Canada
We work with couples and individuals who recognize they are stuck in repeating patterns and want to create more aliveness, connection and joy in their relationships and lives.
We help them revitalize themselves and their relationships by tapping into their innate whole-body wisdom to find their own authentic answers.
We love seeing people grow and prosper.
Soorya: I am passionate about evolving together; co-creating a better world. I love singing and being outdoors in natural environments. I love great communication in ease and flow. I love my women friends. And I love raw food and vibrant health.
Jack: I am passionate about a planet in which everyone has organic food, clean air, clean water, a loving home and is living their brilliance and making their contribution. I love heart to heart connections with people. I love walking in the woods or along the ocean shore. I love meeting with my men’s groups.
What vision do you have for your life and your coaching practice?
We’re going to borrow Gay’s Universal Success Mantra for this. We’re sure he won’t mind. Our vision for our lives is to keep expanding in abundance, success and love every day, as we inspire those around us to do the same.
Our vision for our coaching practice is that we joyfully grow our practice of empowering individuals and couples to enjoy a fun and fulfilling life – physically, emotionally, creatively and spiritually. We are dedicated to furthering our own education while travelling for up to 3 months each year. In addition to 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 coaching, we also offer live and online workshops and trainings.
The positive impact we make is that the people we serve live more and more from their full potential, they acquire the necessary skills to be able to do so, and they inspire others to do the same.
What are the top three things you love about coaching?
1. I love when a client breaks through to their own power and inspiration.
2. I love working with men who are ready to notice their body sensations, feel their feelings and express themselves authentically without blame and criticism.
3. I love helping individuals and couples, who are feeling stuck, to find whole-body ways to experience flow, creativity and celebration.
1. I love collaborating with Jack, from our often different perspectives, to help our clients discover ways to connect with themselves and with their loved ones. This creative collaboration for our coaching clients in turn strengthens our own relationship.
2. In addition to coaching couples, I love helping women to reclaim their wholeness by creating clear boundaries, discovering more of their creativity and rewiring their circuits for joy.
3. I love when I see it all making sense to the people we coach and they see the progress they’ve been able to make and claim it for themselves. With true understanding from their own personal experience in their bodies, they make amazing shifts in what they commit to and know that it is in their power to do so.
Before I started coaching I …
Jack: I married Soorya….I was a high school science teacher….I got an MBA from McGill University…I was in the real estate and land development business….I owned several successful businesses….I studied and meditated in India….I kept searching for happiness, vibrance and wisdom.
Soorya: Fulfillment came through: marrying Jack….being an elementary school teacher….teaching Parent Effectiveness Training….studying and meditating in India….teaching meditation….coaching and clearing individuals….learning about true happiness.
What makes you laugh?
Jack: Soorya makes me laugh. Seinfeld — all of them Jerry, George, Kramer & Elaine. Mel Brooks’ 2000 Year Old Man. Bill Cosby. Clowns. Small children. Kittens. Puppies. Other people laughing. My own sense of humour.
Soorya: I enjoy our (Jack and I) belly-laughs, recognizing the silliness and the triumphs of being human, the absurdities and the follies of human nature. I’m also a Seinfeld enthusiast.
The legacy I want to leave behind is …
Jack: I want conscious loving and living to be the norm for people in all of their relationships. I want to inspire everyone we touch to live their magnificence.
Soorya: People who have caught on that our greatest human potential is to live life well and that we can choose to create heaven on earth. I want to leave conscious sparks of joy that leap from heart to heart and encircle the entire globe: mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, kids, friends, acquaintances and strangers.
Who are your top three people you would want to coach and why?
1. Couples that want to change old patterns. Why? Because they are alive and want to flourish. They realize that old patterns will not lead to new results. This will inspire other couples to explore their own possibilities.
2. Men who want to feel their feelings. Why? Because feeling your feelings and noticing your body sensations get you out of your story and into taking responsibility for your life. This will motivate other men to explore their own body wisdom.
3. My father. Why? Because he had such a big, beautiful heart and no training in conscious loving or living.
1. Couples who want and are willing to learn to create greater harmony, joy and fulfillment, while supporting each other’s creativity. Why? Because Jack and I have dedicated ourselves to keep learning to thrive as individuals and as a couple.
2. My Mom, or, “intelligent women who are in need of remembering their feelings, their uniqueness and their joy and that we have untold gifts to share.” Why? Because I am one of them and I understand intimately the need of having a mentor, a loving friend or partner, or a team of friends who can help you live your real magnificence.
3. People who have lost touch with their body wisdom and who escape into fantasy. Why? Because my journey could have been sped up if I had had a mentor like me when I needed it most.
What were the greatest benefits you received from studying at the Hendricks Institute?
The greatest benefit I’ve received is that when I drift, I don’t beat myself up about it. I just love myself for being such a genius that I figured out how to drift. I then breath, move and shift back to ease and flow. Again and again and again and again. I’m getting really good at it. Such a joy!
The greatest benefit I’ve received is learning to connect my body with my mind through movement and breath while:
– replacing perfectionism with commitment and recommitment, wonder and creativity.
– moving through my own limiting beliefs by playing with my personas — naming them, exaggerating them, and enjoying them in the process and
– recognizing that there is something to learn from in every situation.
In short: Encountering the work of Gay and Kathlyn has helped us live our lives in greater integrity, helped us as a couple to live with purpose and passion, and has inspired us to coach others to do the same.
The movie that inspired me most was__. Why? The book?
Movie: Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein because it still inspires me to laugh outrageously when I watch it.
Book: Conscious Loving because the moment Soorya and I started to read it out loud to each other, I knew this was our life work together.
Movies: I don’t have one. I have three: All time favourite movies for me are Heart and Souls, Groundhog Day and Celestine Prophesy. Why? Because the first two demonstrate amidst laughter and tears and a gamut of feelings how to reclaim our authenticity and become our best self. And the third because I see how much my life aligns with its insights culminating in recognizing the possibility for us to choose to live heaven on earth.
Book: The Gift by Hafiz, Translations by Daniel Ladinsky, because I still get inspired by its deep wisdom and I love reading it aloud.
What brings you the most joy in your day to day life?
Jack: Empowering others to move from stuck to flow to creativity and celebration.
Soorya: Remembering the simple things in life and going for it: heart-connection; growth and contribution in small and larger ways; and relaxing about life, discovering fulfillment in each unique moment.
What ten things could you not do without?
3. People to play with
4. Breathing, moving and wondering
5. Living in my zone of genius
9. Organic fruits and vegetables
10. Clean air and water
1. Playing with Jack amidst laughter and tears.
3. Simple living and inspired thinking
5. Open hearted curiosity
6. Organic fruits and vegetables
8. Collaborating with folks on a greater vision.
9. Breathing, Moving, Wondering and Loving
10. Appreciation and Gratitude